Radicava™ (edaravone) is an intravenous (IV) medication for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). This means that Radicava™ is given through a needle in a vein.
- Radicava™ is administered as two 30 mg IV bags
- It takes about 1 hour to receive a full dose
- Your healthcare provider (HCP) will tell you how often you will receive Radicava™
- Your HCP will monitor you closely during your treatment
Radicava should be administered under the guidance of an HCP.
You may receive Radicava at:
Talk to your HCP and your insurance provider to see what options are right for you.
Before you receive Radicava™, tell your HCP about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have asthma
- Are allergic to other medicines
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if Radicava™ will harm your unborn baby)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if Radicava™ passes into your breastmilk; you and your HCP should decide if you will receive Radicava™ or breastfeed)
Tell your HCP about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Radicava™ is an ongoing treatment for ALS. For the first cycle, Radicava™ is infused for 14 days, followed by a 14-day drug-free period. Subsequent cycles are infused for 10 days within a 14-day period, followed by a 14-day drug-free period.